The PADI Open Water Diver course is your passport to diving the world! This course covers all you’ll need to know about diving…. anytime, anywhere, forever! It’s easy & its fun!
What’s involved in learning to scuba dive?
During the first phase of your PADI Open Water Diver scuba certification, you develop an understanding of the basic principles of scuba diving. You learn things like how pressure affects your body, how to choose the best scuba gear and what to consider when planning dives.
There are two options for completing this part of the course:
You can start right now & learn to scuba dive online with PADI eLearning - Learn at your own pace, anytime, anywhere! Cover all the theory aspects of learning to dive BEFORE you come to Ulladulla Dive & Adventure to go diving! If you’re pressed for time this is a great option as your hands on time is reduced to three days!
Traditional learning – Come to the dive shop & join a scheduled class. We supply your learning materials so that you can work through your manual at home and then meet with your instructor to review all you have learnt and pick their brain about all things diving! Traditional learning takes four days to complete and can be completed over two weekends or four straight days. Contact us to schedule a course or take a look at our calendar.
2. Confined Water Dives – Scuba Skills Training
This is what it’s all about – diving. You’ll develop basic scuba skills by scuba diving in a pool. Here you’ll learn everything from setting up your scuba gear to how to easily get water out of your mask without surfacing. You’ll also practice some emergency skills, like sharing air or replacing your mask. Plus, we also hope you’ll have a great time!
3. Open Water Dives – In Ulladulla or on holiday!
After your confined water dives, you continue learning during four open water dives with your PADI Instructor. At Ullladulla Dive & Adventure we do two shore dives & TWO BOAT DIVES, at a variety of locations. This is where you fully experience the underwater adventure – at the beginner level, of course. You can do these dives in Ulladulla or combine them with an overseas tropical holiday in Vanuatu.
What’s required to take scuba lessons?
Ulladulla Dive & Adventure, PADI & the Australian Standards require the following;
- Each student must present a Dive Medical examination, to Australian Standard 4005.1-1992
- Minimum age of student is 12, no maximum age.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or adult over the age of 18.
- Must be able to complete a 200 metre swim (any stroke, no time limit) & be able to tread water (float) for 10 minutes.
- For hygiene purposes we recommend that each student must provide their own mask, snorkel & boots. These items can be purchased through the store at special course rates.
- Prior to the course commencing all students are required to complete liability waivers. Any students under the age of 18 must also have a parent or guardian sign each waiver.
These pre requisites are designed to ensure that you are able to complete the course safely and confidently.
- All training materials for your course: Manuals for traditional learning or an eLearning pass
- Use of a complete scuba kit.
- 2 shore dives & 2 boat dives at a variety of locations, designed to build your experience base and show you the variety of the underwater world!
- 10% off any equipment purchases during made during your course. (sales items excluded)
- 12 months free gear hire for any dives after certification!!! -save $hundreds!
COURSE COST = $500
To Book on this course please choose a ($100 deposit)